When a qualified liquid crystal display device is used, it may sometimes malfunction due to unreasonable use, unsuitable conditions, unqualified accessories, or improper installation methods. The reasons and troubleshooting are as follows:
1. "writing" exclusion
After a few hours or days of use, the electrode is discolored and appears black and brown "writing", and the liquid crystal cell generates bubbles so that it cannot be displayed. This is due to the fact that the DC component of the driving voltage is too large, causing an electrochemical reaction. Check the circuit and replace the large DC component with a new liquid crystal display device. When the "writing" is just present, the liquid crystal display device can be heated to a temperature above the storage temperature. Even if the display surface of the liquid crystal display device is all black, the temperature rise is stopped, and after the natural cooling, the "writing" can be generally removed.
2. Vaguely revealed exclusion
After the assembly, the pen segment that should not be displayed is also faintly displayed, so that it cannot be read. The reason may be:
(1) The leads are not clean. Wipe it off with a dry cloth.
(2) The weather is too hot and the glass surface is conductive. It can be restored after drying indoors.
(3) The common electrode or the segment electrode is suspended, and after reinstallation is reliable, it can be eliminated.
(4) The amplitude of the AC square wave is asymmetrical, which causes the cutoff to be unclear, and the square wave amplitude can be solved.
(5) The conductive rubber stripe is not square, non-parallel, and the insulation performance is poor. Replace the conductive rubber strip.
3. Negative contrast exclusion
Poor contrast, or negative image, or display confusion, or all display, generally due to the back electrode floating, can be eliminated.
4. Exclusion of confusion display
External disturbances may also cause display confusion and eliminate interference.
5. Exclude all displayed
The decoder is normal, but all pixels are displayed. Generally, the back electrode is not connected, and the floating or back electrode is connected to DC.
6. Reasons for missing strokes and their exclusion
(1) The electrode lead is contaminated, resulting in poor assembly contact.
(2) The conductive rubber is contaminated, resulting in poor assembly contact.
The above two items only need to be cleaned and reassembled. Do not touch the cleaned parts with your hands during assembly.
(1) The edge of the glass is broken and the outer lead conductive layer is scratched.
(2) The assembly pressure frame is not suitable.
7. Irregular irregular display
The cause of the confusion may be: the back electrode is suspended, the drive is DC, the power supply fluctuates, the contact is poor, the battery is exhausted, and the like. Can be excluded for different reasons.
8. Intermittent display exclusion
The function is turbulent, can't be adjusted, and the display is intermittent. The reason is that the power supply voltage is abnormal and the battery is exhausted. At this time, the battery needs to be replaced.